Organizing your paper crafting supplies is a great way to maximize the use of your craft space and make it easier to find the items you need for your card-making or scrapbooking projects. However, getting started with organizing your craft room can be an overwhelming task. Stamp-n-Storage has put together a few tips to help you along with your craft space organizational journey.
- Start by gathering all of your supplies and sorting them into categories such as paper, embellishments, tools, and adhesives. Once your supplies are categorized, it's time to start the organization process.
- Choose the category that causes you the most trouble when unleashing your creativity. You might get frequently held up trying to find the right ink pad color or spend too much time searching for dies that match a particular stamp set. Maybe finding the right paper is your biggest challenge. Whatever it is, start there!
- Commit to purging supplies in each category. This process helps you clear out those supplies you no longer need, like dried-out markers, old ink pads, or paper and cardstock you'll never use. Yes, we realize you need all the paper, and purging old paper is just nonsense! ;-)
- Choose the right organizational solutions for your supplies and craft space. A few things to keep in mind include the following:
- One-size-fits-all storage solutions often take up more space. Consider choosing solutions that store specific supplies so you can maximize your space.
- Storage solutions that keep your supplies visible and easy to access make it easier to find your supplies and quicker to clean up after a project.
- Finally, be sure to keep an inventory of your craft supplies and update it as you acquire new supplies. An inventory will help you keep track of what you have and prevent duplicate purchases.
Organizational Tips for Your Craft Supplies
If you still aren't sure how to organize your craft supplies, follow the links below for tips and ideas on organizing various supplies like embellishments, stencils, markers, wafer dies, paper, Stampin' Up! supplies, Close To My Heart Supplies, and Creative Memories Supplies.